In this section are available all information about Frequently Asked Questions. If you are not able to find your answer here or on the website, feel free to drop us an email (usually we answer within 24/48 hours for questions related to the project).
Once again we remember that the Tsurugi Linux project is an open source and totally free project, independent, without any commercial brand or company behind. This project is developed only in our free time and our main goal is just share knowledge, be useful and "give back to the community".
The Tsurugi Linux project is live and running! Here below, just to give you an idea on the project evolution, you can find our roadmap with the planned next steps (keep in mind that they could be modified or replaced in any time):
• The public Tsurugi ACQUIRE, based on Debian 32 bit, will be released during January 2021
• The next Tsurugi Linux [LAB] will be based on Ubuntu 20LTS 64 bit and released at the beginning of 2021
• New conference talks (probably only online for a while)
• Sharing tutorials and demos
• Social media group creation to bring together the community
• Bug tracker creation
[ Last Roadmap Update: 31/12/2020 ]
• You can collaborate with the project helping us with your precious feedback
• Submit bug information
• Suggesting new tools
• Suggesting new features
• Simply sharing your ideas
• To keep in touch and help to spread the word, click here and follow us on Twitter!
• Help to check and translate contents in your language (possible in the near future)
• Many people asked us if it's possible to be part of the team, we understand and we really appreciate your devotion for the project but the core team is closed (also for security reason)
• Tsurugi Linux [LAB] retrieves updates directly from the official Ubuntu repositories and from our official one
If you are tempted to upgrade with a "full-upgrade" command, please don't do it because you risk breaking the OS.
• Tsurugi Acquire is designed to work only in live mode and the updates are provided in each new release by the core team
• BENTO portable DFIR toolkit has an integrated menu that helps to update all the installed tools
• A bug tracker will be available in the future but in the meanwhile you can just contact us by email
• Describe and explain us how we can reproduce your error
• Please share only text and screenshots (to avoid us malware analysis on other file type)
• Be sure to provide us the output of the 'tsurugi_debug_info' command in attachment
• Please avoid to open Twitter threads for problem debug